Appistry CloudIQ Storage Now Generally Available
Distributed storage product enables high-performance, data-intensive applications at unprecedented price points
St. Louis, Missouri, June 7, 2010
- Appistry, the enterprise cloud platform leader, today announced the general availability of Appistry CloudIQ Storage and Appistry CloudIQ Storage Hadoop Edition. In addition, the company announced the release of version 4.3 of its flagship Appistry CloudIQ Platform.
- Appistry CloudIQ Storage is software that creates a scalable, reliable and highly cost-effective file storage system with no single points of failure, using only commodity servers and networking. Hadoop Edition adds plug-and-play compatibility with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Appistry CloudIQ Platform 4.3, in addition to providing support for CloudIQ Storage, adds new APIs for log file, user and group management and includes a number of performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- The new products are available for free and immediate download from Appistry’s Peer2Peer community portal at http://www.appistry.com/community.
CloudIQ Storage may be used as a stand-alone distributed storage system or in conjunction with Appistry CloudIQ Engine to enable Computational Storage™, which unifies applications and data to deliver unprecedented price-performance for data-intensive applications. Plug-and-play compatibility with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) offers an easy upgrade for Hadoop users with mission-critical requirements.
New CloudIQ Platform 4.3 features include:
- Enhanced service logging: Managing log files across a distributed environment is typically a tedious process that grows in complexity with the number of systems being managed. Appistry CloudIQ Manager now simplifies the logging of events generated while managing the lifecycle of services and applications, and makes log data easily accessible via new REST APIs.
- New user and group APIs: Appistry CloudIQ Platform 4.3 adds new REST APIs for managing users and groups, allowing administrators and developers to more easily create automated provisioning solutions and 3rd party tools.
- Faster application and service deployments, upgrades: Package deployments and upgrades in version 4.3 are now much faster, saving administrator and developer time.
- “We expected strong interest around CloudIQ Storage from existing users of our CloudIQ Manager and CloudIQ Engine products, as Storage gracefully extends the platf?rm for more applications. In addition, we knew Hadoop users with mission-critical requirements were going to love our solution to the HDFS scalability and performance issues,” said Kevin Haar, CEO of Appistry. “Even with those high expectations, we have been extremely pleased with the reception that CloudIQ Storage has received from users that simply need an inexpensive, but sophisticated file storage solution.”
- “After exploring many of the available storage options, we were excited to learn about Appistry’s new CloudIQ Storage product,” said Tom Gregory, chief technology officer at Presidio Health, a software-as-a-service healthcare application provider. “We were able to integrate the Appistry product into ours in just two days and now have the benefit of fully redundant and fault tolerant file serving on top of our cloud servers.”
Appisty CloudIQ Storage is generally available as a software download at:
Appistry is a St. Louis-based cloud computing company that applies next-generation architectures to the large-scale data storage and processing challenges of high-throughput analytics. The team's flagship high-performance computing platform enables "computational storage," which unifies applications and data, eliminating the gap that traditionally divides the two. By offering a new level of scalability, elasticity and reliability for data-intensive applications, Appistry allows enterprises to quickly turn raw data into actionable intelligence faster, better and cheaper than ever before. Appistry customers include global leaders like FedEx, GeoEye, State Street Bank, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin and multiple U.S. Government agencies.
Appistry, Ayrris and the Appistry logo are trademarks of Appistry, Inc. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.